Think of all our ITH designs as an applique. Most of the time, placement stitches are done to show you where the fabric will go, them the fabric will be tacked down with the next step.
The stitch steps are as follows:
1. Placement stitches for under dress (directly to stabilizer)
(place fabric over stitches - black fabric is shown.)
2. Tack down stitches for under dress
(trim around fabric after this step)
3. Placement stitches for dress
(place fabric over stitches - green fabric is shown.)
4. Tack down stitches for dress
(trimming is not necessary after this step, unless you want the black fabric to show through on the chest part of the dress. Trimming around the edges is not necessary because you will trim around all the edges when it's completed)
5. Celtic knot decoration and belt is stitched.
6. Apply a STRETCHY fabric such as spandex over the design and stitch step 6, this will be the back of the dress.
Unhoop and trim!
If you have an questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org